1. A Home’s Age: Quality materials, classic style, charm and inherent character can be hard to find in newer builds.
2. Paint Colors: Repainting is cheap, easy and fast. Focus on the structure of the room, window placement, and other permanent features.
3. Wonky Wallpaper: It might take a little elbow grease, but wallpaper is easily replaced or covered.
4. Kitchen Appliances: If you leave room in the budget for new features, that avocado-green fridge shouldn’t be a deal breaker.
5. Hardware: Drawer pulls, doorknobs and sconces are simple to update, so don’t let ugly ones deter you from seeing an otherwise charming room.
6. Questionable Carpet: Don’t cross a home off your list because of ho-hum flooring. You have many options for replacing it that won’t break the bank.
7. Funky Odors: Except for a serious mold problem, most smells can be eliminated with a powerful deep cleaning.
8. Curb Appeal: Envision different landscaping or a tidy porch and you just might see the home of your dreams.
9. Popcorn Ceilings: Removing that crud can be messy and pricey, but it’s worth doing.
10. Lack of Privacy: Fences and hedges make great neighbors.